The two last players to accept invitations were Golden State’s Harrison Barnes and Cleveland’s Kyrie Irving.
Other members on the team include:
- Sacramento’s DeMarcus Cousins
- Oklahoma City’s Kevin Durant
- Golden State’s Draymond Green and Klay Thompson
- Toronto’s Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan
- Indiana’s Paul George
- New York’s Carmelo Anthony
- Los Angeles Clippers’ DeAndre Jordan
- Chicago’s Jimmy Butler.
The U.S. Men’s Basketball Team has reportedly the 12-man roster ready for the Rio Olympics. Nobody is authorized to make public announcements yet since this will take place on Monday.
Although top NBA names, such as Cleveland’s LeBron James, Oklahoma City’s Russell Westbrook, Golden State’s Steph Curry, San Antonio’s Kawhi Leonard and Houston’s James Harden, decided not to participate in the Rio Olympic, the US team will still be prone to win a third consecutive gold medal this year.
The team will begin training for the Olympics in Las Vegas and before leaving for Rio, they will play exhibition games in Las Vegas, Oakland, Los Angeles, Chicago and Houston.